Monday, November 2, 2009

GO POKES!

For months David and I have been trying to find the time to get back up to our Alma mater OSU and go to a football game.   We decided that even if we didnt' get tickets to a game, going up Homecoming weekend would be perfect.  David's parents have season tickets this year and after David just mentioning in passing that we were going to come up for that weekend, they gave us their tickets to the game! Aren't they fantastic?  David and I had not been back to Stillwater in over 4 years and had not been to a game in at least 6 years-let me tell you, that place has changed!  We went with Neal, Kari, and the Drakester up to the walk around on Friday night and we could see a few changes, but nothing could prepare us for GAME DAY.  Back when we were in school, you couldn't really tailgate unless you knew someone and even then it wasn't wide spread.  Now campus is like 1 big tailgate party!  All of the bars and restaurants have tents with beer and food and even tvs set up outside. The stadium is now complete and is absolutely unbelievable, it looks nothing like the small stadium that I remember.  We really didn't have time to walk around the campus but that will be a priority when we go back.  I would like to let Drake run around on library lawn and see the place where his parents met.

The best part about Stillwater (aside from the win against Missouri) was that my best friend Sarah was there and her sister Mel (who I also adore) and her hubby Sean.  We had so much fun hanging out in the place where we all first met.  

































Me and Sarah:



 















Me, Sarah, and Mel:














Thanks again Neal and Kari for giving us your homecoming tickets!  We had a BLAST!



















1 comments:

Betsy Black said...

Such a great post! I am glad you got to go back for the weekend. Hopefully we can take you to an Aggie game or we can join you at an OSU game in a few years.